Wood Plastic Composites for injection molding and extrusion
If you like the convenience and freedom for the design and processing of plastics, but are looking for a natural wood appearance, then Fibrolon® is the ideal solution. It looks like wood, but can be processed like plastic on existing equipment.
Fibrolon® is a fantastic combination of plastic and wood, which are two very commonly used materials. The high quality of the surface and the de ned wood structure gives components made from Fibrolon® a unique charm and character. It looks like wood and feels like wood, but unlike wood itself, Fibrolon® can also be processed into complex structures and design elements.
Conventional plastics, such as polypropylene (PP) as well as bio-based and biodegradable plastics can be used as the polymer base. The proportion of renewable raw materials used can be adapted to customer requirements.
Advantages of Fibrolon® at a glance:
- High percentage of renewable raw materials
- Biodegradable types available
- High strength and stiffness
- Can be processed on existing equipment
- Attractive wood surface
- Sustainability made visible
- Food Approved to EC Directives and FDA (depending on grade)
- Suitable for toys (EN 71-3)