Products for a variety of durable applications
Biograde® is a family of bioplastic products based on cellulose acetate for injection molding, sheet and pro- le extrusion. Plant-based cellulose, the base for the production of cellulose acetate, is the most easily acces- sible and renewable resource on the planet. Biograde® is predominantly a renewable and fully biodegradable material alternative for rigid applications. In addition Biograde® was awarded the Innovation Prize ”Biomaterial of the Year 2008“.
The main applications for Biograde® are for a range of technical parts. As a result of its scratch-resistant and wear resistant surface, it is also suitable for the produc- tion of highly stressed casings. The high heat resistance also meets the requirements for safety in use of the electronics and household articles industry.
Biograde® does not contain any harmful plasticizer and is certi ed BPA-free. Furthermore, Biograde® has been successfully tested and certified according to the EN 71-3 standard “Safety of Toys: Migration of Certain Elements‘ Part 3“.
Advantages of Biograde® at a glance:
Based on renewable raw materials
- Certified biodegradable and compostable according to EN 13432 and ASTM D 6400 (depending on grade)
- Properties similar to standard thermoplastics (e.g. ABS, PS)
- High heat resistance meeting UL 94 HB standard requirements
- Processable on standard production equipment
- Recyclable (in-house, e.g. sprues or scrap)
- Food Approved to EC Directives and FDA (depending on grade)
- Suitable for toys (EN 71-3)