Bioplastics for the circular economy
Circular economy is a "hot topic" at K fair. With our bioplastics, we would like to show an example for more sustainability in the use of valuable resources.
Biobased plastics, such as Bio-PE or Bio-PET are made from renewable resources and have the same characteristics as their conventional fossil counterparts. They can be recycled mechanically, together with conventional plastics and can then be used as recycled materials for the production of further products.
Biodegradable plastics are intended for organic recycling. Under specific conditions they biodegrade into CO2, water and biomass.
Bioplastics make a contribution to the circular economy and are predestined for the implementation of sustainable concepts. At the K 2019 we will show you many successful examples from the most diverse sectors such as cosmetics, toys, packaging or household goods. Let us talk about your idea for a sustainable product, visit us at K 2019 in hall 6, stand E48.
Our latest products
- Bio-Flex GF30 is a PLA based compound with a glass fiber content of 30 % (by weight). Applications can be everywhere where high mechanical strength, but not where resistance to high temperatures or flame retardancy is required. Examples include housings, castors, gears, sports equipments, orthotic devices, pipes and pipe systems.
- Terralene GF30 is a Green PE compound with a class fiber content of 30 % (by weight) and a calculated BCC of more than 94 %. As a biobased alternative to PE-GF grades, based on fossil raw materials, it offers a similar range of applications, ranging from engineering parts to tubes and tube systems, dowels and brackets for construction industry, orthotic devices and design products.
- Terraprene SI 701 and SI 801 are TPE compounds with a bio content of 55 % to 75 % (calculated). They are available in Shore A40 to A80 grades and their properties are largely similar to those of conventional TPE-S grades. Typical applications include two-component injection molding, especially with polyolefins, which provide good adhesion.
- Terraprene CI 250 84A and Terrapene CI 450 93A are two oil-free TPEs with Shore A hardness of 84 or 93. With their soft-touch surface, high resistance to kinking and deformation, they can substitute TPE-O and PVC in many injection molding applications.
- Terralene rPP compounds are blends of biobased raw material and Post Consumer or Post Industrial recycled PP. The biobased carbon content of these compounds is about 33 %. The possible applications range from technical parts up to packaging, which currently is still restricted to noon-food applications.
By the way: The injection molding machines producer Dr. Boy GmbH & Co. KG will be running our fiber reinforced bioplastic Fibrolon at their stand A43 in hall 13..
Key facts K 2019
16. – 23. October 10h00 - 18h30
You will find us in hall 6, stand E48
Hall plan for download: Hall 6
Site map for download: Site map K 2019
More about us and our plastics based on renewable raw materials
- Find the right bioplastic for your sustainable product
- You will find detailed information on our products in the data sheets
- Learn more about our strategy for plastics
- Contact us - here you will find your contact person
- Our press releases
- Company brochure: The Bioplastic Specialist – Product Portfolio
- Terralene® rPP - Unique combination of biobased and recycled plastics
- Play with Plastics!
- Bioplastics for packaging of cosmetics
- Bio-Flex® - Biobased – Biodegradable - Multifaceted
- Bio-Flex® for Mulch Film Applications
Braskem Brochure: I´m green Polyethylene